3/26/13

Let There be Light

One of the things I hate most about an older home is how dark they are.  I guess people in the 50's didn't really like overhead lighting.  Several of the rooms in my house are under lit and the living room is just plain dark.  For the past few years I've been planning to put in recessed lighting in our main room - it just never seemed to happen for whatever reason.  That all ended last weekend.

I borrowed some tools, chalked the ceiling, squeezed into the attic - and created one huge mess!  In spite of my outbursts, a little colorful language, and one major mistake.  The lights are in and they look good.  Shining a little light on the room has changed everything about it.  I think there should be a metaphor in there somewhere, but we'll settle for being able to see for now.

Home Improvement


Home Improvement


Home Improvement


Home Improvement

2 comments:

miche said...

where have I been? I have missed several of your last posts. Great job on the lighting. The room looks great! Projects like that are such a pain, but so worth it if you can make yourself do it.

THE WILLIAMS FAMILY said...

Colorful language... like what Jared? HAAAHAAAHAAA!!!