4/1/13

Diary of a Red Sox Fan

2012 was one of my worst seasons as a Red Sox fan.

The team was full of players I didn't really like or want to watch.

The manager seemed to dominate the headlines, rather than the play.

The Red Sox sucked.  With a final record of 69-93 it just wasn't fun to watch bad baseball.

But I believe the old adage in baseball - Spring brings eternal hope.  I have been waiting for weeks for the 2013 baseball season to begin.  The Red Sox have a revamped team, having cut loose several players, the manager, and, hopefully, the loser mentality.

Today I was able to watch a little bit of opening day.  Of course the Sox had to start the season in NY to play the yankees.  I was just praying the script would be a little different today than it's been the past couple of seasons.  Well guess what..

The Red Sox won!

They played great with clutch hitting, good pitching, and a solid bullpen.

It was actually fun to watch them play again.

I don't think this means I need to book my World Series reservations just yet, but I have a good feeling about the 2013 Red Sox.  I know I'll be watching...

No comments: