3/4/13

The LBJ Presidential Library

Most of you out there know I am a total political junkie.  I love all things about politics and the history of our country's leaders absolutely fascinates me.  Once I knew I was heading to Austin there was no doubt I would visit the Lyndon Baines Johnson Presidential Library.  How often do you have the chance to visit one of presidential libraries?  Not living in Utah.

The museum really brought Johnson to life.  He was a little before my time and I really didn't appreciate all the parts of our national history he shared in.  I knew about the Civil Rights Bill of 1965 and how he ascended to the Oval Office, but his life was a mystery to me beyond that.

I loved my time in the library.  It showed me how great our country is and how impressive each and every president is.  Regardless of their flaws, presidents should be revered for the work they do to better the lives of the american people.  I am so glad I had the chance to spend a few minutes browsing the history of this innovative man.

LBJ Library


LBJ Library


LBJ Library


LBJ Library


LBJ Library


LBJ Library

No comments: