3/11/13

UCET 2013

At UCET last year I had the weight of the entire conference resting on my shoulders.  As president, I had spent months preparing for each little detail that may come up the two day event.  Then, my term  ended.

I could exhale.

I could stop and smell the roses.

I could get ready to do it all over again.

ucet2013We just concluded this year's UCET conference and I had a total blast.  It was so much fun to see colleagues from around the state.  To learn new ideas and ways to integrate technology.  To teach and share some of my stuff with the teachers of Utah.  I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the conference.

ucet2013One of the best parts of being involved  with the organization is the chance to work with good friends.  In fact, one of my best friends, Robert, was this year's UCET president.  A couple of years ago we made a pact.  I would serve as president one year and he would follow the year after.  It was great working together and I think we carried on the tradition of excellence at UCET.

As part of the conference Robert and I took on the roles of the Tool Man and his faithful assistant Al.  I bet you can guess pretty quickly which part I got.   Sometimes you get typecast for having a beard.  The spoof we were in was a classic.  Bad puns, terrible acting, and a great time.

So our busy season is over for a time.  I hope everyone else learned as much and had as good an experience at UCET 2013 as I did.  Let's do it again - say 12 months from now....

Check out UCET's Tool Time

No comments: