Not to be confused with the popular show on ABC, we had our own little home makeover recently. Painting the house has been on my "Honey Do" list for the past three years or so, but I never really had the time to commit to such a project. Once I finally finished working on the book I knew my excuses were coming to an end. The problem is I still didn't really want to paint the house.
Still, I figure my time had come and I prepared to get started on the project. Tara came and said we should bid out the job and see how much it would cost to turn things over to a professional. As lazy as I am, I'm even cheaper and knew the bids would come in around $3000 or so. I decided to let Tara do the leg work and find a few bids on the job.
First Bid - $3500
Second Bid - $2500
Third Bid - $2300
I could tell we were moving closer and closer to painting the house ourselves when I checked out KSL.com for a final bid. It was a one man operation and we thought we'd try one last time.
Fourth Bid - $1150
What?! I had already priced out the paint and supplies and they came to around $600. I couldn't believe my eyes. We decided to roll the dice and took the cheapest bid. A week later and our home was transformed.....

No comments:
Post a Comment