8/23/11

Parade of Friends

Over the past few weeks I've been really lucky to have three of my best friends visit Utah.  First, Bryan came to our house.  We spent the night discussing home improvement projects, the decline of politics in America, and the joys of family life.  It's been a while since Bryan and I have gotten together, but I'm amazed how much he and I share in common.

Jeff and Jenny stopped by a week later.  They were in from Virginia and they looked great.  Jeff has lost over 70 pounds this year and he is doing awesome.  Our kids played throughout the night and Jeff and I snuck in a quick game of Monopoly to celebrate his visit.  Being a gracious host I left Medium Sized Jeff win both games.

Chappo was the final friend to grace our home in August.  He was in town from the ABQ for a family wedding and he dropped by after the ceremony.  Just like old times we grabbed a shake from Iceberg and talked the night away.  Even though we talk a ton, it was still great to see my buddy and hang out for a few hours.

Good friends are hard to come by and I've been blessed in my life to know some great guys.  They have been so important to me and it's amazing how close we still are - even after 20 years and a ton of miles between us.  Thanks for stopping by guys, my house is always open for a FOF.....

No comments: