8/17/11

Bear Lake with a Twist

As long as I've been around the Houtz family,  Bear Lake has been a staple.  We've had a couple years off, but for 15 years I could count on a trip to Laketown for a weekend on the lake.  This year we did something very different.  Tara and I set up a trip to the Ideal Beach Resort for a family reunion,  with my family.  I know,  I know - we had a rough ending to our Yellowstone trip a few years ago and I said it would be my last family trip.  What can I say?  I guess time heals old issues.

I was a little nervous how things would go this time.  We rented a condo, but it wasn't very big and I knew we'd be a little close for comfort.  We just needed to move a couple beds around and have a big family sleepover.  Much to my surprise (and delight) the trip went great.  The kids all had a fun time playing in the water (we rented a big water cycle that kept people entertained), the adults were all able to relax on the beach, and we managed to survive sharing the bathrooms.  It was a fun weekend and great to see my family just enjoy one another.  I guess you could say we made a family memory.

Take a look at a few of the best pics from the trip....

Bear Lake 11'

Bear Lake 11'

Bear Lake 11'

Bear Lake 11'

Bear Lake 11'

Bear Lake 11'

Bear Lake 11'

Bear Lake 11'

Bear Lake 11'

Bear Lake 11'

No comments: