8/5/11

Fathers/Kids Overnighter

fathers/kids 11'We just got back from our annual Fathers/Kids Overnighter and it was a complete success.  The campout has had some ups and downs in past years, but this time there was no whining, no injuries, and - best of all - no vomit!  Alex and Dede had a great time playing with all their friends and running around the campsite.  I had fun hanging out with the other dads from the neighborhood and being "manly".

I felt bad this year that we didn't bring D, but the camp was along the river in American Fork Canyon and it was flowing way too fast to have the fearless Mr. D with us.  I can't even tell you how nervous I was with little kids next to that raging water.  Next year we'll let Dylan make his debut.

fathers/kids 11'

Kennedy was the star of the trip for all the little girls (and a few of the boys).  She broke out her nail polish and everyone had an Instant Makeover.  It was something to see all those little pink fingernails.  Even Kurt Larsen got a little manicure for a fun summer look.

fathers/kids 11'Alex and I played a ton with the rocks and the river.  He loved climbing the big rock at the edge of camp. It was a small adventure, but he couldn't get enough.  It was lots of fun seeing him have a ball in the great outdoors.

Our trip was short, but very sweet.  I love the Fathers/Kids Campout each year.  It is a great way to connect with the kids outside and to give Tara a bit of a break.  Kudos to the other guys in the area who put this fun trip together.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Looks like so much fun! Crew loved that when he went with Broc! Sure do miss you guys!