6/19/11

Just a Dad

father's day 11'

Rather than recap the day that was, I thought I would reflect on being a dad. Here are a few of my favorite things about being Dad.
  • Hearing little feet run to the door when I get home from work.
  • Wrestling in the backyard for hours.
  • Getting hugs and kisses before bed.
  • Having a little person lay on my chest and watching TV.
  • Filming little home movies with a cast of three.
  • Hearing tender prayers from whispered tones.
  • Working around the house with some "helpers".
  • Having one of the kids ride the bus/trax with me to work.
  • No matter where I'm going, asking who wants to come and hearing - "ME".
  • Hearing a tiny voice say "LUV U".
Happy Fathers' Day to all the dads out there.  I know I love being a daddy.  There couldn't be anything better.  Thanks to Tara and the kids for a great day....

father's day 11'

No comments: