6/30/11

ISTE 2011: Back to Philly

In 2005 I went to Philadelphia for the first time.  As part of my trip to NECC conference I was able to see historic sights, watch the Red Sox, eat great food, find a few geocaches, and learn some new tricks with technology.  Let's just say ISTE 2011 in Philadelphia was pretty much a repeat.

I really like going to Philly.  It's a fun town with plenty to see and lots of great things to eat.  On this trip I did some of each.  Each night it seemed there was something going on and a delicious place to eat.   The diet certainly took a beating during my week in Pennsylvania.  Good thing I hit the hotel gym or else I would have ballooned recently.

A few of my favorite events from the trip:



crossing the delaware


    cache in NJ
  • The ISTE Affiliates Meeting:  this was one of the primary reasons I went to the conference this year.  As the President of the local affiliate, it was my responsibility to attend the national meeting and learn from the other state representatives.  I am very excited for our conference in March!
  • Taking the ferry across the Delaware River and into Camden, NJ.  This was the capstone of my trip from 2005.  Back then I spent a lot of money and time trying to find a way to Jersey for a geocache and I came up empty.  This time I had to get a geocache in New Jersey and this was the best way to make it happen.  It was a fun little trip and we were able to find two caches along the Camden Promenade.  
  • Geno's vs. Pat's:  On Sunday night I ate a Philly cheesesteak from each place and I have to say the winner is - Pat's.  Don't get me wrong, they were both awesome.  I ate at Geno's with the rest of my group and took the Pat's sandwich back to the hotel with me.  Even with it being a little cold I like the Pat's sandwich better.  Don't hate me!
  • Watching the Red Sox - I can't believe I got to see them again.  That makes 4 our 7 years.  Wow!!!
  • Presenting at ISTE:  This trip gave me another opportunity to present in front of a national audience.  It never gets old and in my line of work, it's a huge honor to share with my colleagues.  Our presentation on iPads went well and I hope we'll get another chance to present in the future.
Here are a few more photos from the trip....

Liberty Bell

Geno's

ben


on the Delaware river

george and me


Philadelphia


betsy ross

Independence Hall

No comments: