7/13/10

Camping?

camping at cherry hill

Over the weekend we headed North to "camp" with some of our friends from the ward.  Now, I've got to say I'm using the term "camp" pretty loosely since we went to the campground at Cherry Hill Water Park.  This was my first time up to the park, so I didn't know what to expect.  Let's just say it's wall to wall people.  I think they have a hundred or so camp sites and they're all right on top of each other.  We knew if anyone near us sneezed we were so close.


That being said, the kids had a lot of fun.  Camping with their friends from nearby was basically an excuse to stay up late, eat bad food, and play lots of games.  I guess that goes for Tara and me as well.  It was great to sit around and hang out with some of our friends also.  We've known our neighbors for years, but this was the first time we were able to attend the annual camp trip.  It certainly won't be the last.

After our camp site was packed up the fun continued as we took the kids into the water park.  It was great. Dylan hung out in Pirate's Cove.  Kennedy enjoyed the lazy river.  We got Alex to go on the inner tube water slide with us.  We had a fun day playing in the water.  I'm sure we'll head back to Cherry Hill for another afternoon at the park - the campground may just be a one hit wonder.....

No comments: