6/21/10

Diary of a Utah Fan - Pac 10 Bound

The news became official last week - the University of Utah is moving to the Pac 10 as it expands to 12 teams. The rumors of the move had been active for several months, but they really picked up steam about a month ago. Still, the past week had several twists and turns, each one spelling the Utes being left out in the cold. When all was said and done, the Utes were in and I can't tell you how exciting all of this is up on campus. The move will mean expanded resources for the university, the athletics programs, and most importantly - the fans! Can you imagine going on a conference road trip to play USC at the Coliseum, instead of to Laramie to play the Cowboys?

The key to the move has to be our football program. With a 7-3 record since 2003 against the Pac 10, 2 BCS Bowl wins, 9 straight bowl victories, and an ever-increasing national presence the Utes became a likely candidate to move up to a larger conference. Time will tell if we can compete with the big boys week in and week out, but I like our chances once we get settled into the mix. All I know for certain is this - I hope my season ticket request goes through, this is going to be one hot ticket in 2011!

New PAC 12

No comments: