3/28/10

Biker Gang

With the change in weather our little gang has taken to the streets in a big way.  For the past couple of years the kids have been a bit reluctant to riding bikes much.  They've loved their trikes, but moving the the two-wheelers has been a barrier.  Everything changed last week.  Kennedy decided she wanted to learn to ride her bike without training wheels.  As a 5-year-old she has learned that all big kids ride their bikes without extra wheels.

So, Tara and I were more than willing to help her transition into a bicycle queen.  On Sunday we spent a couple of hours going up and down the street and she really picked it up.  She could start and stop, even turn the corners.  Things were going great.  Until she fell.  Twice.  After that she declared, "I don't like riding a bike.  Never, never, never."  I carried her bike home and that was that (til the next day).

Alex loves his new hand me down Spiderman bike.  Our friends gave it to him and that's all it took.  He was off - too bad the training wheels aren't off yet.  Alex is a little scared to give up his security and risk falling.  Still, I get the feeling that he'll be ready to go by the end of the summer.



Our biker gang is off and riding - Utah beware!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Oh man, they are growing up so fast. I can't believe that two of the three can already ride a bike. It seems like yesterday we were having your baby showers!!! yikes
Congrats...now you can go outside of your driveway! It's a super big step for all of us:) Be CAREFUL!!!