3/1/10

Bathroom Project: Day 1

About a month ago Tara and I got serious - about a bathroom. Having grown up in this house, one of my biggest frustrations was not having a bathroom in the basement. Now you need to remember, I slept downstairs. No one likes running upstairs in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. In the morning, no one liked running downstairs to get dressed after taking a shower. It is too inconvenient and I didn't want to repeat the same pattern for my kids. Tara and I knew we wanted a bathroom in the basement. The biggest trick was the fact that the basement wasn't plumbed for a bathroom.

Well, we started addressing that issue today. Over the weekend I reserved a concrete cutter from Diamond Rental. Not a little hand held job. No, this was the walk behind. A 300 lb. behemoth, sure to inflict some damage on the floor, and on my back! Two weeks ago my cousin Chrys came out and marked the trench he needed cut to lay the pipes for the toilet, sink, and tub and tonight we made the trench. My friend Sam didn't realize the task he signed on to last week when he volunteered to help, but I'm sure glad he was there. Between hauling, cutting, and pounding Sam and I are off to a pretty good start. Let's see how I feel in the morning. Where's the ibuprofen?!



Check out this video of the cutter in action!

1 comment:

Bell Family said...

Sam has never looked so cute.