2/16/10

D's Big Day

Last Friday was Dylan's first birthday. We happened to be in New Harmony with Jared's parents for the weekend so Big D spent his first birthday down south in the sun. Dylan's birthday was pretty simple. He spent most of the day trying to catch up on sleep lost from the trip down. Jared's mom and I spent most of the day working on a cute train cake that was demolished within minutes of singing "happy birthday".


Dylan did enjoy the day by taking his first 4 wheeler ride. He wasn't sure if he liked it or not. One second he was laughing and the next he was whining. I think he would have liked it better without a helmet that weighed about the same as him. The poor kid couldn't keep his head straight! But he sure looked cute in the helmet.


We went to dinner that night in Cedar City to Pizza Factory. With a late start, we ended up making it back to nana and papa's house around 9:00 pm for cake and ice cream. Dylan didn't care. He was so excited to dive into that cake. He loved eating his big piece and put down most of it.


After cake and ice cream, Dylan opened presents, with help from Kennedy and Alex, of course. He loved his new toys and was so wired that he wouldn't go to bed until 11:30 pm. Needless to say, it took a few days to get him back on schedule.


We had a fun day with our Big D and can't believe he is already one year old. Time is flying by and it makes me sad that we are almost out of the baby stage.

I have to put a few things down that I love about my Dylan:

I love that he has such an easy smile and giggles all the time.

I love that he loves Kennedy and Alex so much and they love him right back.

I love that when I tickle his toes, he scrunches his face and closes his eyes.

I love that he wants to be where ever the kids are and do whatever they are doing.

I love the pitter patter of his hands on the floor as he crawls as fast as he can.

I love how he loves to eat food, especially treats and will yell and smack his lips together if he sees something he wants.

I love when he lays his head on my shoulder, even if it is for a split second.

I love the way he says "mama" when he looks at me and "dada" when he looks at Jared.

I love how he gets so excited and flaps his arms as hard as he can when I come to get him out of his crib.

I love his zest for life. Dylan loves to explore and stay busy.

I love you, Dylan. Happy Birthday, big boy.

2 comments:

Angee said...

I love Tara posts...

THE WILLIAMS FAMILY said...

OOOH MY GOODNESS... HE IS SUCH A SWEETHEART!!!