8/24/09

Signed, Sealed, Delievered - I'm Yours

After a full week of running around, we ended our big adventures on a major high note. Most kids get one or two big days a year, Dylan had his third big day in two weeks. After adopting and blessing Dylan the last, and most important, event happened this week. We took Dylan down to the Manti Temple for our sealing.

We had a little smaller group this time, but we were grateful to everyone who was able to come. We wish that we didn't ask so much of our friends and family, driving to San Pete County for the third time in five years. Still, it is a big deal to Tara and me that all of our kids have the same beginning in our family. Since we were married in Manti, it only seemed right that each of our kids was made part of our Eternal family in the same location.

The day went perfectly. We arrived at 9:30 and got right to the preparations. Fortunately, we remembered all of the paperwork this time so there was no last minute scrambling. Good thing too, now that I'm out of the Bishopric I don't have any connections I can call in. All the guests arrived and at 10:30 the sealing was underway.


It is a very simple ceremony, but what a beautiful moment for our family. Tara and I are always blown away as each of our children comes into the sealing room dressed in white from head to toe. It is a moment that I'll never forget and I hope that my kids can have some sense of the special experience we shared as a family.

We headed outside the temple for a few pictures and then it was off to Ephraim for some good pizza with family and friends. By 3 o'clock we were back at home and the whirlwind week was over. Now there aren't any more special days, we're a family - just like everyone else.

Dylan came into our lives in an instant and our family has loved him ever since. I can't tell you how blessed we feel to have such a wonderful little boy. We love Dylan with all our hearts and I can't imagine our world without him. Dylan, we are so glad you're part of our family. We love you!

6 comments:

Patty said...

Congrats to all of you! What special days ...

Our Fondaco Family said...

Congrats you guys! How very special for your family!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a cute picture with all of you dressed in white. And what great smiles from the kids. This could be an Ensign cover shot of "The Eternal Family." You ought to at least send a copy of that photo to Bonnie to insert in the Ward Newsletter because it is a wonderful record of a wonderful event.

The Hemper

Kim said...

Congratulations! Nothing in the world can top that and we are so happy for you all!!!! Great picture of you all!

THE WILLIAMS FAMILY said...

THOSE ARE THE THREE MOST BEAUTIFUL AND LUCKIEST CHILDREN... IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!! WE LOVE YOUR FAMILY!!!!!!!

Bryan and Ellie said...

What an amazing opportunity for your whole family! We wish we could've been there with you. Congratulations!