The bathroom project is in full swing. Over the past few days I tore out the toilet, sink, cabinet, and floor. I have never swung a sledge hammer more, or used as many power tools as I have the past two days. Fortunately, I've had a lot of help. Tara helped pound out the old floor and Willie has been a lifesaver. He's been doing tile for a long time and I've really relied on his expertise (not too mention the 10+ hours he's spend in my bathroom).
I have to say the best part of the job for me has been running the tile saw. It's nice when we can get into a groove and have me cut the tile and Willie lay it. Even if my first few cuts left quite a bit to be desired, I've gotten better with each day. On Friday I spent a few hours working on the project alone and it didn't go too badly. I will say that I'm looking forward to a finished product. Is it weird to say you're looking forward to using the bathroom? We'll finish laying down the baseboards early next week and then grouting. It's sounds like a daunting task, when I think about all the hours I've put in, and there's still so much left to do. Still, it will all be worth it in a week or so. Feel free to drop in and take a rest from all your cares. Just be sure to use the fan....
1 comment:
It's lookin good. Hang in there, it WILL be worth it when it's all done. What the heck were you doing sitting on the couch with all that tile dust on you???? GET OFF THE COUCH YA BIG DOPE!
Post a Comment