9/10/08

So Long Summer

With all the trips now over, reunions have said good-bye, days are getting shorter, I guess it's time to say "so long summer."

I won't hide the fact that summer isn't my favorite time of the year. It's by far my busy season at work. Being a teacher trainer, when they're not at work - you are. Over the summer I spent time traveling around the state, and even went to Texas as part of my job over the past few months. I know, I know - here goes Jared complaining that he has to travel to conferences, staying in hotels and eating in restaurants. Too bad for him. Still, I had 4 straight weeks where I only got to see my family for a few hours a week. With little kids, this gets old - fast.

This summer the temperature was as hot as ever. The Trib said that Utah keeps getting warmer when looking at the number of days over 90 degrees for the year. I know I certainly felt the heat this year. Most of you will agree that a sweaty, hairy man is something no one want to see. It's been wonderful to have temps in the 70's and 80's for the past week.

I'm so excited to see the kids grow and develop with the new things they're in this Fall. Kennedy is loving pre-school and Alex is in Kindermusik for the first time. It's fun to watch them learn new things and develop their own personalities. Alex may not be very verbal, but he rocks at using his hands and feet. Maybe he'll be on a world tour someday...

Summer 08' won't stand out beyond the same old things, but it's been a good time to visit family, see old friends, and explore new places.

No comments: