Perhaps you'll recall my trip to Columbus in January. Tim and I had been requested by our boss, Laura, to help her present at the NETA conference. Things went so well there that we were booked to repeat the session at the NMM in Lexington, KY. Here's the thing. Tim and I mostly sat around in Ohio, so we wanted to get home as soon as possible with this trip.
We arrived in the Blue Grass state around 6 pm EST and immediately went out for a bite to eat. Kind of a goofy place called Winchell's (home of the bean bag toss game called 'corn hole"), but the food was good. As we headed back to the hotel it was after 8 and pitch black. Still, that didn't stop me from going out after a cache. I can't let a state go by without at least one find. After dodging cars on the highway and scaling a wall or two I was back in my room, cache in hand....
The bad part about a quick trip is you really don't have time to adjust for the time zone change. We were up at 6 am EST for our meeting, and it really felt like 4 to me. Still, we persevered and the presentation went great. Tim and I headed off to the airport and by 11 pm MST we were headed home from Salt Lake International.
I can't really say I saw Kentucky. Still, being on campus at the University of Kentucky was enough to bring back some bitter memories of 90's college hoops and the dreaded matchup with the Wildcats. All in all we were only gone for 36 hours, but it was still a fun trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment