Tara and I officially celebrated our 11th anniversary this week and I can now say that I've been married for 1/3 of my life. Where does the time go? Unlike most couples, we didn't go to the movies, there wasn't a romantic rendezvous, no presents were exchanged. Nope, we reveled in #11 by hopping on a bus and heading to Vernal, Utah. Weren't expecting that one were you?It was the ward's annual temple trip and we chose to head east and see one of our favorite little temples. We enjoyed our trip so much 3 years ago, that everyone decided to do it again. The trip didn't disappoint. Even our dinner at Golden Corral was okay - where else would you eat in Vernal?
It was an all day trip and by the time we got home both of us were pretty tired. Maybe it wasn't as exciting as some anniversaries, but it isn't often that we get a day away from the kids and a chance just to sit and talk. Personally, I think that's the best thing a couple can do with one another. So, there you have 11 years down, Eternity to go. I'm just happy I can celebrate with my best friend. Happy Anniversary Tara - I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment