
Over the past year and a half I've really enjoyed being a member of the bishopric. That being said, there is one thing I've always hated - scheduling speakers for Sacrament Meeting. I don't have any evidence to support my claim, but I think that most people don't pick up the phone when they see me call on their caller ID. It's like I'm a door-to-door salesman or something. "Boy, do I have a deal for you!"
I've been trying to get speakers for next Sunday for about two weeks and everytime I think I've got it settled, something happens and the speakers back out. Whether it is work, family, or nerves - there's always something to keep people away from the pulpit. Now it's only a few days away and I don't have any speakers scheduled for next week. So, what are you doing on Sunday?
1 comment:
I say just call off Sacrament meeting for lack of speakers. Well, I guess you could have the Sacrament first if you wanted.
Post a Comment