I know that most of you never knew my next door neighbor, Ross Carter, but he passed away this week and I'd feel terrible if I didn't take a moment to remember him. Ross and his wife Jean, have been my next door neighbors for most of my life. My family moved into our home in 1978 and barring my mission and the first few years of marriage, they've been a constant neighbor. As a kid, I never really made an effort to get to know Ross since he was an grownup and I knew we wouldn't have anything in common. However, my return to the neighborhood a few years ago made all of that change.
Ross was always a welcome sight, either sitting on his front or back porch. Whenever I was out mowing the lawn I could usually find Ross outside enjoying time in the sun. We would stop and talk and Ross was always aware of the things going on in my life. Tara and I really have loved being next door neighbors to such wonderful people. The past couple of months have been very difficult on ol' Ross, as he was in and out of the hospital with complications due to diabetes and other ailments. His passing was met with relief, as well as grief, to all who knew of his struggles. Ross was a good man and I know we'll miss him. So long Ross.
To read more about Ross click here.
No comments:
Post a Comment