2/18/06

Midnight Run

For the past couple of weeks we've been planning a trip down to my parents' house for President's Day weekend. Of course, everything was conspiring against us leaving early yesterday. I had to teach out in Grantsville all day and got home later than usual. Once I was home, we had to hurry and get ready for Ward Temple Night at the Salt Lake Temple. Anyone who goes to the SL Temple knows that it isn't exactly a quick experience (note - it is always a good experience, I just said it isn't a quick experience. Don't send me hate mail about my feelings on the temple!). We managed to get home a little after 8 pm and decided that we just needed to pack up and head out. Waiting another day would simply have put us behind, so we were out the door by 9 pm.

Driving at night is actually pretty enjoyable with a baby (Kennedy slept almost the entire way down). Of course I shouldn't say that I drove - Tara manned the wheel from Salt Lake to Parowan, but I finished off the last 40 miles, perhaps the most difficult part of the entire journey (at least that's the way I'll tell the story). Anyway, we pulled into New Harmony a little after midnight, a little tired, but glad to start a long weekend.

No comments: