So Dylan is four years old. It's crazy to think that my baby is growing up so fast. We had lots of fun celebrating his birthday. He's not quite old enough for a friend party, so Dylan got to spend his birthday with his family. We tried to make it fun for him. He had three different parties so I think he had plenty of fun!
We started with dinner on his birthday. We went to Cowboy Grub, a place that Dylan didn't necessarily pick, but loved because it had a playroom to hang out in while we waited for our food. Needless to say, he was way more interested in the playroom than eating any food.
After dinner, we tried to find a fun ice cream place and ended up at Sub Zero. The kids were so excited and loved watching the girl make the ice cream with all the smoke and fun stuff. The problem was that the line, on a Tuesday night, was out the door and the girl doing the ice cream, was the only one there. So we ended up walking across the parking lot to the Fresh Market and the kids all picked out their own little ice cream and were quite happy with that. We will have to hit the Sub Zero another time.
After ice cream, we headed home and Dylan finally got to open his presents. He got some fun stuff, scooter, some fun toys, but the most beloved present of the day was... the Skylanders Giants Wii game. Dylan has been asking for this game for months, so we gave in, and he was very excited. The kid is a little addicted to the Wii, so I was a little leery to invest money into a game that has 50 or so characters that you can buy to go along with the game and encourage him to spend more time on the Wii. But, we did, and he loved it.
The party continued on Saturday as we spent the afternoon at Planet Play. We did some bowling, mini golf, go carts and played some video games. The kids had fun, but were a little sad that none of the cousins could join in.
Sunday was another party for the extended family. We had dinner at our house with the family. Dylan got to spend time with his cousins and open even more presents. We did his cake (Skylanders, of course) and had a nice evening hanging out with family. It was a nice way to end the week of celebrations!
I can't believe my baby is 4 years old. It seems like yesterday we brought him home from the hospital. I've loved but almost dreaded watching Dylan growing up, knowing he was probably our last kid. I've cherished each milestone, knowing it was the last time I would see all the firsts in a little ones life.
First time eating baby food-love that mess!
Learning to crawl
First steps
First words
First tantrum-not so much!
First day of preschool...and there will be so many more firsts. I can't wait to experience them together with my little guy.
Dylan, I want you to know how much I love you. I love your sweet smile, your eyes, your stubbornness, your football build, your excitement about life. I love how much you love your brother and sister, even though you try to beat them up sometimes! I love when you sneak in bed with us to cuddle with mommy and daddy. I love you, little man. You are a special kid and I hope you always remember that. Thank you for being my "Big D". I love you.
Mommy




No comments:
Post a Comment