Right then.
She was 3 years old.
For the past several years she has patiently waited for her 8th birthday. When her birthday finally arrived last month, we learned that she would have to wait a little longer for the January Stake baptism. After 5 years of holding on, what's another couple of weeks. Kennedy used the time to buy her dress and take some photos for the announcements. They turned out great!
Well, the big day finally arrived. We invited both of our families, and many of our friends to celebrate Dede's baptism. It was an amazing event. We filled the Relief Society room with so many people who love Kennedy and it was very touching to see all the wonderful influences Dede has in her young life. She is a special girl who touches many hearts. I know she was pretty emotional when she saw all the people who came because of her.
One of the best moments of the ceremony came when Tara was speaking. For the past six weeks Tara and her mom have been working on a quilt for Kennedy. As Tara shared how the Holy Ghost can provide us with comfort she presented Dede with her own special comforter. It was a great moment and one that I'll remember forever.
The baptism and confirmation went off without a hitch (even though Kennedy threatened to leave her toe out of the water so she'd have to be baptized a second time). As I laid my hands upon Kennedy's head in the blessing I was impressed with how much our little girl will accomplish in her life. I know that Heavenly Father loves Kennedy. She is a choice spirit who will influence many for good. She is a major part of my life and I hope that I can live up the responsibility of being her dad.
Thanks to everyone for making Kennedy's baptism such a special day. It was wonderful to see our little girl growing up and to know that she wants to do what is right. Tara and I couldn't be prouder as parents than when you see your children making good choices for the right reasons. We love you Kennedy!








2 comments:
Congratulations Kennedy! That is so exciting. Jared and Tara, you guys are awesome parents. So glad for all of you to have this special day.
Our family was truly honored to be there... the spirit was so-so strong. Kennedy is such a beautiful, sweet and smart little lady... and has definitely made her Heavenly Father proud. Your family is such a beautiful example to all of us.
Post a Comment