1/24/13

1 year

It's been a year since my dad passed away.  We decided to get together as a family on the one year anniversary to remember my dad and his amazing life.  We met at the cemetery where my dad is buried and spent a few minutes remembering him.  One thing about this year...it was freezing!  My dad's funeral was actually a pretty nice day for January and there wasn't much snow on the ground.

We had a moment of silence and then my sister and my mom said a few words.  We sang the song that the grandkids sang for him at the funeral.  We all wrote a personal memory of my dad and tied it to a balloon, then let them go at the same time. 

A Houtz get together always includes some kind of food, so we headed to Alan and Sherrie's house for dinner and treats.  It was nice way to spend some time with my family to remember my dad. 

lynn memorial


lynn memorial


lynn memorial


lynn memorial


lynn memorial


It has been an interesting year, adjusting to life without my dad.  My mom has been amazing, even though it has been hard on her.  We all miss him so much.  I think of dad every time I work in my yard, or plant my garden, or open a bottle of canned salsa, dill pickles, or work with any tool.  I had so many good memories with my dad and I really do miss him.  I know he is in a better place but it is still hard to not have him with us.  I love you, dad. 

Christmas at the Cabin

No comments: