7/26/12

For Your Birthday

Alex,

Lagoon 12'As we celebrate your birthday this year I want to take a moment to tell you how much I love being your  dad.  I am so proud of all you've accomplished this year and I can see how you're growing into a wonderful person each and every day.

One of your best traits Alex is your unconditional love.  You are such a soft-hearted person, quick to emotion and long on love.  I have never seen a young man so willing to tell his parents how much he loves them.  I know it doesn't seem like a big deal to you, but it is wonderful to have to express your love to me.  Hearing your son say "I love you, Dad" after a long day at work makes everything worth it.

We all know that you're a cautious kid Alex.  Never the first to jump in the pool or to meet a new person.  Still, this year we've seen you try many new things and get out of your comfort zone.  No where was this more evident than school.  Going to a new school is always tough.  You not only survived in you class, you thrived!  It was great to see you make new friends and do so well with your assignments.

Alex, I want to encourage you to always reach beyond yourself.  I know you're the first of my kids to volunteer to help me with anything.  Never lose than willingness to serve others.  I know it's one of things that brings me the most joy in my life.  If you look out for others, you'll always be happy within. This especially goes for your brother and sister.  Look for ways to serve  Kennedy and Dylan and you'll continue to bring peace and harmony to our home.

Happy Birthday Buddy.  I can't tell you how much you mean to me.  You're my guy and I don't know where my life would be without you.  I hope you have a special day because you are a very special boy.  I love you.

Daddy

No comments: