2/25/12

Monster Jam

I am not a person who tries to win promotions on the radio.  Truth is, I don't really listen to the radio and when I do I prefer sports talk radio (I know stupid Dos Equis reference, sorry).  The other day a colleague won some tickets to Stars on Ice and asked if I wanted some of the tickets.  I replied, "Why don't you try to win tickets to something cool - something like the Monster Jam truck show this weekend."

The next day at work Mindy came in and declared, " Guess what I won last night - 4 tickets to Monster Jam."  I couldn't believe it, but she told me that X96 was giving them away through their Facebook page. I immediately entered and the rest is history - tickets in hand we were going to Monster Jam.

monster jamI've never attended a monster truck rally before, so I wasn't really sure what to expect.  I just knew that my boys would LOVE it.  Big trucks, fast turns, loud music = happy boys.  A friend suggested taking some ear plugs along.  Best suggestion ever.  I couldn't believe how loud it was in the arena.  Once they fire up the engines, you can't hear a thing!

Monster JamFor two hours we enjoyed some car smashing action.  The truck of the night was the Grave Digger - a 30 year veteran of the circuit.  It was impressive to watch these big rigs trample everything in path.  When they propel themselves off the jumps and go airborne it was a sight to behold.

Overall our family gave the night some mixed reviews:  Alex loved it, Dylan ignored it, and Kennedy survived it.  My favorite line while going home came from Alex - "Dad, when are we going to get one of those monster trucks?"

Classic.


No comments: