I want to write you a little birthday note so I can tell you how important you are to me. I don't honestly know where the time has gone. It seems like just yesterday we brought you home from the hospital and now, you're three. I can't believe it. Where did our baby boy go?Even though there are times that your mom and I want you to stay a baby forever, it so much fun watching you grow and develop. You have a strong will and a big personality that can take you far in life. You are certainly a boy who knows what he wants and I believe you have the will to make it happen. Be sure to remember that you can accomplish great things when you set your mind to it.
As you continue to develop stay close to your brother and sister. It's hard to be included with the big kids at times, but stand up for yourself and they will bring you along on some great adventures. I know Kennedy and Alex love you so much, even if it's hard sometimes for them to show it.
This past year we've watched you achieve so many milestones: riding a bike with training wheels, attending your first classes, helping out around the house. It's fun to see your desire to contribute to our family and I hope you'll want to continue doing things on your own. It's clear you have an independent spirit, but don't forget we want to be part of the ride, ok?
I love you Big D. You have a place in our family that is special and unique - just like you. Happy Birthday Dylan.
Love,
Daddy
No comments:
Post a Comment