1/21/12

Goodbye Lynn

lynn at the cabinI'm sad to write that Tara's dad, Lynn, passed away late Friday night after a series of health problems that put him in the hospital a few weeks ago.  Lynn was 81 years old and he put up a brave fight while his body was failing him.  This has been a rough month for Tara's family, as Lynn's health has been up one day and down the next.  In the end, the Houtz' wanted to honor their father's wishes by not keeping him on the treatments that were helping him survive.  They took off the machines after a family meeting on Friday and Lynn passed away shortly before midnight.

Lynn has always been such a good influence in my life.  From the moment I met Tara he was friendly and accepted me as part of the family.  Lynn was always a person I would talk with about life.  Since we were both early risers on family trips  there was usually an hour or more where the two of us would be the only ones awake.  It was then I would ask Lynn questions or discuss some of issues on my mind.  His advice and wisdom really helped me as a young husband and father.

I can never thank him enough for the help he provided my family.  He served us many times and I could always count on his help whenever I was working on a project around the house.  We raided his garden, borrowed his tools, and took of his time - Lynn was always willing to give us whatever we needed.

I am sorry to see Lynn pass beyond the veil.  It hurts to have our loved ones move on.  I know that Lynn was so important to Tara and I ache for her loss.  Still, I know that Lynn was ready for his next journey.  Thank you Lynn for your life and example.  You will be missed.


Lynn

2 comments:

miche said...

What a nice post about Tara's Dad, Jared. Tara, I'm so sorry to hear that he has passed away. I'm sure these past weeks have been rough. I wish I was nearby to do something for you guys. Lots of Love from NM.

Brant said...

Tara, I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. We love you guys.