Earlier tonight I attend my first Jazz game of the season. Ryan got some tickets from work, so a few of us from the ward headed downtown for some NBA action. Along the way a quick stop to Moochies set the stage for a fun evening. The Jazz were playing the Kings so the game marked the return of Jimmer to Utah.
It was obvious that the crowd was a pro-Jimmer one. I had no idea just what homers the byu fans would become. Every time Fredette touched the ball the crowd went nuts. Every missed shot elicited a huge grown and a Jimmer 3 sent a few fans in hyperventilation. It was unreal.
I've been a part of some ex-Utes returning to play the Jazz and I've never seen anything like this. Sure, I wanted Van Horn or Miller to do well, but these people were actively rooting against the Jazz. CRAZY!
In the end the game came down to a final shot for the Kings. Jazz were up two and the crowd was on their feet. Of course the ball ended up in Jimmer's hands. He raised and fired a three for the win. I know the crowd was praying the shot would fall. It was the storybook homecoming for a loyal zoobie. There was only one problem. Jimmer ain't in college anymore. The ball was far left and never touched the rim. JAZZ WIN! Just the way it should be.

1 comment:
Another example of how much ewet fans hate the Cougars!!!! Too bad they let it cloud their judgement and they can't just cheer for a GREAT basketball player....they just keep hating!!!
Don't start hating me jared, I'm just kidding!!!
Post a Comment