1/10/12

Changes at Work

My return from the Christmas break arrived far too quickly.  It's amazing how hard it is to come back after a couple of weeks off!  When we all came back into the office we were greeted by some major changes.  A few months ago we learned that half of our building was being demolished as the College of Ed gets a new building over the next couple of years. 


I must say I've been pretty skeptical that the changes would actually take place.  You know how it is, the planning is a lot easier than the actual project.  I thought it would be late Spring or early Summer before we ever saw any real action.  I was wrong.


Every day this week our afternoons have been interrupted by the heavy pounding of the equipment pounding on our building.  This building was coming down and soon.  

It's actually been pretty fun watching the progress as the demolition takes place.  You'd leave work and the next day a wall would be down or the windows would be missing.

In the end the west wing was gone.  I guess now we have to watch as the missing walls are filled in and a new entryway is built.  Our building looks small compared to how it was last month, but at least we still have our offices!

No comments: