So, what's happened in the cyber-space of our little world during the life of half truths?
I guess it's a little of everything. When the blog started Kennedy was 9 months old and we thought blogging would help us detail some of the events in her life. Boy, has that ever been the case. Alex and Dylan weren't even on the horizon and this blog has shared so much of their lives. Tara and I are pretty much the same (ok, we're a little grayer, a little slower, a little bigger - sometimes smaller, and a lot more stressed). Imagine, our family has gone from a cozy group of three, to a wild party of five. Amazing.
In this blog we've discussed parenting, family life, politics, home improvement, weather, work, church, sports, geocaching, vacations, adoption, and so much more. There are certainly times when mild tales looks like a typical brag blog, where we share why our kids are so great. Still, there are lots of times where the blog has served as a forum, a place to share ideas and look at things related to the world and how I feel about them. Truthfully, I wish I wrote more of these types of posts.
I know I've slowed down in writing over the past couple of years. I guess I've stopped creating reasons to write and now the blog gets a little neglected sometimes. Even though we're not as prolific as we were in the first couple of years, I'm still proud of the blog. A lot of people have started a blog and played with it for a month or two before letting it drift to the wasteland of the Internet- mild tales is 5 years old and still going strong.

2 comments:
The blog has been an indispensable way of keeping up with the Covili family. Keep the posts coming!
Jared, I have you to thank for my entire blog as well, which has now been running for 5 years. I might not have 1000 posts, but I've got 400 something great memories of my family that I wouldn't have otherwise. Thanks.
Post a Comment