
A couple of nights ago I took a journey back in time. For me the journey started in 1988, but for others the trip took them back to 1974. Everyone had the same destination though - the RUSH concert from the Time Machine Tour. I know I'm a total nerd, but I was so excited to attend another RUSH concert. I'm just glad Rob and Ross are die hards and they let me tag along.
Thursday we headed back to USANA and spent three and a half hours listening to some classic songs by "the world's biggest cult band." They had a great setlist which included the entire Moving Pictures album (probably their most acclaimed work). Here's a look at the playlist:
"The Spirit of Radio"
"Time Stand Still"
"Presto"
"Stick It Out"
"Workin' Them Angels"
"Leave That Thing Alone"
"Faithless"
"BU2B"
"Freewill"
"Marathon"
"Subdivisions"
Intermission:
"Tom Sawyer"
"Red Barchetta"
"YYZ (song)"
"Limelight"
"The Camera Eye"
"Witch Hunt"
"Vital Signs"
"Caravan"
"Love 4 Sale" (Drum solo)
"Closer To The Heart"
"2112" - "Overture" and "The Temples of Syrinx"
"Far Cry"
Encore:
"La Villa Strangiato"
"Working Man"

I think the funnest part of any RUSH show is people watching. This is definitely a concert that attracts some diverse people. With a loyal following that includes mostly guys who like harder music - there are some wild looks going. At one point in the show we had a long haired guy walk right up behind me and start grooving out. He had a joint in one hand, a beer in the other and he was ready to party! Needless to say we were all a bit relieved when he left, even more so since he didn't spill his beverage or drop his smoke in our area. The sad thing is - this guy isn't even out of place at a RUSH concert!
We had a great time! Ross introduced his boys to the world of concert going. Rob played some mean air guitar and drums. Lauretta got her groove on. And I, well I occasionally tapped my foot and moved my head to the beat. I know, pretty wild. Still, I was there to take it all in, and that I did.
Here's another RUSH tradition - a fun opening video to introduce the concert. In this one the fellas are taking a trip through time with the "gafiltar"....

2 comments:
awesome. LOVE concert reports! so glad you got to go. my bro-in-law is a die hard Rush fan too and was there as well. cool truck dude. and, how are you a nerd for wanting to go to another Rush concert? Rush and nerd don't really belong in the same sentence. I mean, would you call the guy with long hair and a joint a nerd? ;-) You should have grown out your hair again before the concert!
How much fun was that?!! That's two down Jared... with MANY more to come!
Don't forget the new move Jared... both hands in the aire, waving like the ocean... stellar company for sure!
Next time... TARA'S COMIN'!!!
Post a Comment