We try to hit Albion Basin every year to see the wildflowers. We aren't always successful, but we made it this year, although Kennedy was MIA as she was with her nana and papa in New Harmony.
As always, Albion Basin was beautiful. We headed up on a Friday with Charlene, not realizing that it was the busiest day of the year so far up there. After a struggle to find parking, we hiked down a fun trail through the amazing wildflowers and mountain views. I didn't get many photos since I was wrestling with Dylan and Alex, and the ones I took weren't great because I was on some funky setting (still trying to figure out my new camera), but here's a couple we got.
A funny sidenote: As we hiked out of the trail and headed to Charlene's car (we parked hers at the bottom so we wouldn't have to hike back up to our car), we realized one small, minor detail: We left Char's keys in my car at the top of the trail. No way was I going to hike back up, so I hitched a ride with a nice older couple out doing some birdwatching back up to the minivan. They saved the day and we had a nice chat about some colorful woodpeckers I saw in my yard that morning. You gotta love nice people who will help you out in a pinch!


No comments:
Post a Comment