5/26/08

Remembering the Past

I've never really been to into Memorial Day. Mostly, I just think of it as a nice day off from work. A chance to get outside and have some grilled meat. It's probably because my parents are both still alive and I don't have too many graves that need a visit. Today I had a different experience of remembering the past.

I had been out all afternoon with Jason, Big Al, and Coleton geocaching and when I came home this note was stuck in the door:

Talk about a blast from the past. Since Dave left for medical school about 8 years ago I've seen or talked to him a handful of times. You can imagine what a surprise it was to read that he was back in Utah and living in Happy Valley. Regardless of the time lapse, it was good to learn he was still alive and kicking. I called him later in the afternoon and it turned out to be a good way to recall some fun memories.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jared, were you born with a beard, I swear you are only 10 in that picture. Maybe you smoked a lot of pot in elementary school?

Sam

Bryan said...

Dave lives!

By the way, I thought all pictures of us together had been burned in case Brockbank decides to launch a political career. No one would ever vote for him now.

Bryan