I guess I just don't understand Valentine's Day. Sure, I went out and bought Tara a present, but I think Valentine's Day is becoming more and more like Christmas. Right after I presented Tara with a little token, she told me to preoccupy the kids while she went to get their presents. I didn't think we had gotten them much, maybe a toy or some candy. Boy, was I wrong..As the kids grabbed their Valentine's packages there must have been 5 or 6 items for each of them. A lot of the stuff came from grandparents, but Alex and Kennedy got a bigger haul than I've ever seen for February 14th. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great to let those we love know how important they are to us, but when are going too far with all the stuff. So, here's my question - Am I a stingy, old fussbucket, or do I need to feel the love more?
1 comment:
Nope, not a stingy old fussbucket. I agree with the holidays getting out of hand monetary wise. Our kids didn't get anything for Valentines, but I hope they still feel loved. Just my opinion.
But when did Tara get to be an expert Guitar Hero? I wasn't there for that...
Post a Comment