2/6/08

Enough politics-here's a post about our kids.

Enough of the political posts. I guess I better bring our blog back to the important stuff-our kids.

Some updates on the kids. Alex is 18 months old and is talking like crazy. Too bad we can't understand a word he says. So far, Alex says mama, dada, Dede (we think) and go. Everything is "go" with some mumble jumble before it. The balls are "go", the cars are "go", most animals are "go". He does use it correctly when we are ready to go, or "where did it go", etc. It's his favorite word. Hopefully he will learn a few more favorite words soon.

Alex is very efficient in tearing apart every last thing in our house. In the past month, he has ruined our phone, our wireless mouse, our dvd player, many books, and several dvd's. You think we would learn to put things where he can't get them. The problem is that the kid is a monkey and can climb anything. We are learning though. We bought a new dvd player and it is still in the box on our table. I figure this is the safest place for it. Despite all the destruction, the kid is so dang cute, you can't help but love him.


Kennedy is growing up so quickly. She loves her dance class and also thinks she is going to school. She tells me things that she is doing at school and that she is going to be late for school, etc. I guess she is getting ready for September when she will actually start preschool.

Kennedy loves playing with girlie stuff such as dolls, dress up clothes, lip gloss, etc. I guess I will be okay with this. It's just that when I was her age, I was playing with dump trucks and worms.

Kennedy is my little buddy. We have lots of fun together, whether it's playing Little Pet Shop, dolls (my personal favorite) or Guitar Hero, she's my good little girl.



On a different note, we finally got out of the house today for some fun and spent the afternoon at Jungle Jim's with some of Kennedy's neighborhood friends. The kids had a blast and it was nice for me to talk to some big people.


Alex loved the jeep safari, while Kennedy seemed to have more fun on all the games that cost extra money. She's learning young. It was a fun day and nice to get out of the house for something besides work or grocery shopping. Is anyone else out there ready for warm weather?

2 comments:

Angee said...

I love Tara posts. Not that I don't love Jared posts, it's just nice to see the mom perspective sometimes. :)

Never been to Jungle Jim's. You must be a way cool, young fun mom that stays up past midnight.

Thanks for the update. Have fun down south...

Patty said...

Love to hear that you have a little monkey as well! I bet you handle it a lot better than I do. You're such the cool mom!