7/3/14

Hotlanta

The summer marked my first trip to the South. I was able to go to Atlanta for the ISTE conference and it was an amazing trip to a different part of the country. Some of the cool things I was able to see while down in Atlanta:
  1. The CNN building. This place is awesome! I am a huge news junkie and CNN has always been one of my favorite stations. It was incredible to see some of the different things that they do from international news to Headline News and more.

    Untitled
  2. The World of Coke. I really didn't want to go to the World of Coke, thinking it would be just a touist trap but this place was amazing! They had tons of interactive exhibits and really got you excited about  Coke (one of my least favorite drinks).  My favorite part of the tour was to taste Coke drinks from around the world - everyone's favorite has to be the Beverly from Italy!

    ATL 2014
  3. Turner Field. As everyone knows I am a huge baseball junkie and the chance to go to a Braves game was tops on my list. The game wasn't very exciting, until after we left.   The Braves won the game 4-3.  I guess we were the good luck charm for Atlanta, as the Braves scored all of their runs after we left the game during the eighth inning. Oh well, it was still fun to see another professional baseball game.

    Braves at Turner Field
  4. Foodie. I would say my favorite meal was going to be Gladys Knight's Chicken and Waffle House. I absolutely love chicken and waffles. This southern delicacy was one of my favorite parts of the trip.

    ATL 2014
Overall I'd say my trip to Atlanta was very successful. One thing I'll also say is I'm never going back to Atlanta in June! The temperature was constantly over 90° and humidity was over 90%. I looked like I just stepped out of the shower throughout most of the trip. If I go to Atlanta again, it'll have to be during the winter.  Still cool city, cool people, cool time in Hotlanta!

No comments: