12/13/11

Not Forgotten

Last night Kennedy, Tara, and I went on a date.  Call it an early birthday present for Dede or just a good excuse to go out, but we joined with Tara's family to see the play The Forgotten Carols.  The play wasn't new to us.  Tara and I saw it 15 years ago when we were dating.  Like so many young couples it was a good chance to go out around Christmas time.  Both of us loved the play.

I don't know why it took us so long to see it again.  It was even better the second time around.  Maybe it was the chance to share the music with Kennedy.  Perhaps it was because the music has a greater impact on my life today.  Could be a magical date with the same girl over a decade later.  I don't know.

The story is simple and powerful. It reminds us that the Savior didn't just impact the world in the past.  He still impacts our lives and His message is the same today as ever.  If you haven't heard the music I hope you'll add it to your Christmas traditions.  It will certainly help you feel the Spirit of Christmas - the Spirit of Christ.


No comments: