5/17/11

Happy Mother's Day to Me

So we celebrated Mother's Day last week.  The kids came home from school and church with all sorts of cute gifts and poems and fun little trinkets.  My favorite gift from Kennedy was a homemade ring holder in a bag that she decorated with flowers.  On the bag she had written: "Mom, you are mi flawr!"  (Don't you love kindergarten spelling?"  Her teacher told me Kennedy came up with that herself and she had never heard anything so sweet.  It was pretty sweet!

I loved the picture that Alex drew of me and the questionnaire where he answered that I weighed 17 pounds and loved to eat broccoli and carrots.  I wish!

The kids also gave me some nice new jewelry and Jared gave me some money for clothes shopping.  Now I just need to find time to actually purchase the clothes.  My book writing husband had promised to make that happen!  Now I just need to get motivated to do it.

I also spent some time with my mom on Saturday, since we didn't see how we could make it down on Sunday with church and everything else going on.  We had a nice lunch and took a walk to the park.  The kids had a blast playing on the Mapleton park playground (there's been some nice improvements since I played on it when I was little!)

Sunday started out with the kids and Jared making me yummy waffles for breakfast and being sweet as can be.  The kids really were great all day, trying to be on their best behavior and do little errands for me.

After breakfast we went to church and then where I had to teach my primary class.  I was hoping that would go okay, but my kids here hyper and could barely sit through my short lesson.  We finally finished a small gift for their moms and then went to sacrament meeting so we could wrestle with my own kids. Jared's present to me was dealing with Dylan, so I could enjoy the meeting.

After church we had a nice dinner with Jared's parents and family and enjoyed a fun evening with the kids. It was a nice day and I have to thank my cute hubbie and kids for making Mother's day special.

kids portrait

No comments: