3/12/11

Really Big Show

A few weeks ago it was announced in Church that we were having a "Really Big Show" on March 11th.  No one had any idea what this meant, but we were told to mark our calendars, as this was a can't miss event.  As things got closer I discovered that the "Really Big Show" was a throw back to the old Fall Follies. Essentially, it was going to be a mix of bad sketch comedy and authentic talent.

I figured we could all participate in some kind of number, me from the Elders Quorum, Tara with Relief Society, and the kids with the Primary.  I didn't plan on a request for me to play the role of the MC.  Truthfully, I don't mind doing that kind of thing, but I would rather give someone else a chance to perform.  Right now it seems as though I'm on the STP (Same Ten People) list.  In the end I consented and it was time to come up with an act.  Fortunately for me, the Internet (check out MormonZone.com for the jokes) has plenty of Mormon material for a total hack like me.

really big show 11'


The evening was a lot of fun.  The crowd was willing to go along with my terrible jokes and awkward stage presence and the talent was great!  Each of the different groups from the Ward put together a number and everyone made things fun.

really  big show 11'


Alex and Kennedy sang with the Primary, and the "Wide Mouth Frog" song was a crowd favorite.  It's always fun to see your kids perform and ham it up with their friends.  Kennedy is a natural comedienne, and Alex was surprisingly confident in front of the audience.  Too bad Tara wasn't able to be in the Relief Society's skit as she had Dylan duty, since I was up on stage.  She definitely took one for the team, as the combination of two-year-old and open candy table can be a lot to handle.

really big show 11'


The show lasted just over an hour, but it will certainly be a lasting memory for the 4th Ward.  I think it's great to have a night where friends and neighbors can get together to have fun.  Let's hope it becomes an annual tradition, only next year they find a more talented host....

1 comment:

THE WILLIAMS FAMILY said...

Jared... YOU WERE PHENOMENAL!!!