1/1/11

Happy New Year

Twenty Eleven, doesn't have the same ring to it, right?

Happy New YearLast night we partied like it was still 2010, and I guess it was, for a while at least. We took the kids over to Alicia's house for a night of food, games, and Ryan Seacrest (talk about something that doesn't have the same ring to it - less Seacrest and more Dick Clark). In spite of the Rockin' Eve changes, we managed to make it to midnight.

I was really surprised but even Dylan was going strong as the new year was born. The kid got his second wind around ten and never let up. Trust me, after chasing him around for a couple hours, I was ready to go to bed.

To celebrate 2011 Alex and I headed outside for sound fireworks and noise makers with some of the other kids. Most everyone stayed inside because it was about 3 degrees when we checked the thermometer! After a few minutes of celebration it was time to pack up the kids and settle in for the night.

Welcome Twenty Eleven, or is it Two Thousand Eleven? Let's just stick with 2011.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I don't remember seeing you doing much chasing;-)