1/23/10

Super Readers

One of the benefits of working for a public TV station is the outreach activities they hold. Because I'm an employee, I can volunteer at the UEN booth while my family gets to enjoy the events. Today was Super Readers day at the State Fair Grounds. Kids from around the area got to celebrate their success as readers, while getting to meet some of their favorite PBS characters. Kennedy and Alex love KUED - especially watching shows like Curious George, Dinosaur Train, Sid the Science Kid and more. Well, today they got to see their friends up close and personal.

But it wasn't just a meet and greet. Local companies and other agencies pulled together and shared all kinds of fun activities for the kids. Alex and Dede loved playing with all the cool science gear from the Planetarium and the Museum of Natural History. There were lots of free giveaways and plenty of treats to celebrate books and reading. Even though we came as guests I know the kids are excited to read their way back to the event for next year and I'm ready to help them meet their reading goals.


No comments: