1/8/10

Movie Review: The Blind Side


Sandra Bullock is on my list. I have a list of actors and actresses I don't really care for and I generally avoid their movies. The list is long and getting longer. Sandra Bullock is on there. Still, Tara really wanted to go and see the movie, The Blind Side, starring Sandra Bullock. I decided to give in, especially since the movie was about football, I figured I could overlook Ms. Bullock's part in the film.

This one really took me by surprise. It was a great movie. It may just join the Hall of Fame of sports movies for me. There are a few select sports movies I never tire of watching on TV. They include: Hoosiers, Remember the Titans, The Natural, The Rookie and Rocky I, II, or III. There is something so inspiring about an underdog story, especially when it deals with sports.

Micheal Oher's story is one that will bring tears to your eyes and a smile to your face. I've watched the Ravens play a few times this year and didn't know the true story of the offensive tackle. Having learned of his life and achievements I can honestly say I'm rooting for him and the Ravens. This was an incredible movie and I'm glad Tara made me look beyond Sandra Bullock and my list.

No comments: