We got out of the house early and headed off to the bus stop. Now, it usually takes me 15 minutes to walk up to my stop, but that's walking at my pace. Alex couldn't quite keep up so he ended up riding my shoulders. Doesn't sound like a big deal, but going uphill to the bus got me sweating. We boarded the bus and Alex was in 7th Heaven. He loved it. His eyes never left the window as he tried to absorb every detail of our ride. It was fun to see him so excited about something I take for granted.With my son in tow we entered the office. Now, I wasn't expecting to get a lot of work done, but I still had a few things to knock off my "to do" list so I came prepared. A video game player and an iPod full of kids videos. Alex ended up watching Bee Movie, while cleaning out the office of all the leftover holiday candy.
We headed out just after noon and caught TRAX for a ride back to meet Tara and the others. I know the highlight for Alex wasn't my work (how can a technology training job compete with a train?), but it was fun to bring him with me today. Thanks for brightening my last day of work for 2009, Big Man!
1 comment:
That is so cool. He will most likely always remember that day. Your family is so fantastic Jared...I am so happy for you guys. Your children are absolutely beautiful. I miss them so much. And I can't believe Dylan is crawling...congrats.
Also, you are looking too skinny, eat a cheeseball or something!
Merry Christmas. Tell Tara hello for me.
Post a Comment