I think we've seen every major animated movie for the past three years. While each one has it's own charm, the best one I've seen is the new Disney movie - The Princess and the Frog. It was a wonderful movie, with great images, great music, and a great story. There was something so engaging about this look into New Orleans that it almost made me rethink my trip to the Bayou five years ago. Now that's saying something, because I wasn't terribly impressed with New Orleans when we went there in 2004.The characters in this film were great. The Shadowman made for a classic Disney villain. Tiana and Prince Naveen were fun to watch. I will say that Ray the firefly stole the show. With his Creole accent and hopeful attitude, he "lit" up every scene he was in (sorry for the bad pun). I think one of the best things about these characters is they were played by relative unknowns. When the credits rolled I had no idea who played most of the voices, and I didn't care. They were that good.
My favorite part of our trip to the movies was Alex's reaction. He absolutely loved it. Tara told me that Alex said, "Mom, I really like this movie" about 10-15 times during the film. That's pretty high praise from a three-year-old. Our family's final review - Five stars for The Princess and the Frog.
No comments:
Post a Comment