It seems like we've been making more an effort to take the kids out this month to see some different places. Today Tara brought the kids up to campus and we headed over to the Museum of Natural History. I know, museums and kids usually don't mix very well, but the new exhibit was all about frogs and we knew Kennedy and Alex would love it.
The exhibit was pretty cool. The kids saw several different toads and frogs. Some that I'd seen before, but most that were new to me. I thought one of the best displays was a tank that allowed the kids to go inside the middle of it and look around. Kennedy thought it was crazy. Once we'd finished with the frogs we searched through the rest of the museum to see what we could see. There were all kinds of displays on wildlife and local animals. There was a room full of bugs that delighted the kids and freaked the moms out. Spiders aren't Tara's favorite and there were plenty to observe, although I don't think she looked for them very hard.
My favorite part of the museum was turning the corner to enter the dinosaur exhibit. Alex is totally into all things dinosaur and I knew this would blow his mind. He was a little scared at first because he thought they were real. After realizing that it was all "fake" he quickly warmed up and went from display to display making his dinosaur growl and saying, "big dinosaur." It was great to have Tara and the kids come up to the U to see me. It was even better to take a couple hours off and spend some time with my family. It was toadally worth it....
No comments:
Post a Comment