"What do you mean it died? This is the car we just dumped a bunch of money into last month."
"I mean, it quit on me as I was driving down Highland Drive. I was lucky to coast into a driveway along side the road."
I piled the kids into the van and we went out to rescue Tara from the broken down SUV. Sure enough the vehicle we put a new fuel pump into 6 months ago was dead. The battery turned over, the starter was working, but nothing was happening. I pushed the car into the parking lot and headed back to the Rec to finish work for the night.
As amazing as this is to me, the Xterra needed to go back to the mechanics. The car that traveled a total of 4 miles in the past two weeks needed another $200 repair. This time is wasn't the fuel pump, but rather a type of mounting bracket that connected to the fuel pump.I can't believe the last 6 months with this vehicle. Since we decided we were going to buy a new car we've had to put over $2500 into the SUV that sits in the carport 98% of the time. We're almost like the little old lady that simply drives her car to church and back. Well, with the amount of money I've put into the Xterra each time I drive it for the next year will be worth about $30 a trip. Great.....
No comments:
Post a Comment