I don't normally like to post YouTube videos on the blog but these two clips are too inspiring to pass up. I've kind of avoided the entire American Idol craze. I don't really like the show. The fact that you have to be under 30 was my first real turn off and most of the contestants seem to be cookie cutters of one another. Yesterday, I came across an article about Susan Boyle, a 47 year old woman from Scotland. She auditioned for the show Britain's Got Talent and took the show, and the world, by storm. One look at her and she would be easy to dismiss, one listen to her voice and you can't help but pay attention. Take a look at the entire video here.
If you like that video here's one from a couple of years ago. Paul Potts was a cell phone salesman, until he went on Britain's Got Talent and sang opera. I absolutely love it when you see the ordinary transformed into something extraordinary.
2 comments:
LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!! MY SISTER-IN-LAW EMAILED ME SUSAN'S VIDEO THIS MORNING. I WAS IN TEARS. THANKS FOR PAUL'S... THEY WERE BOTH ABSOLUTELY LOVELY TO WATCH!!!
It is nice that there is real talent out there. But just so you know, Susan Boyle is not from Whales, actually Wales, she is from Scotland.
Post a Comment